Allied Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied Duel Academy

Here you can exchange knowledge about Yu-Gi-Oh and find dueling partners simultaneously. Any questions are gladly answered.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  DuelingBookDuelingBook  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who are the testers?
James SkullBlood
Wolf_Shadowrider
Alex Thunderspear
RootinestTootenist
Brandyn
Paul17316ccc
Latest topics
» Last update for a month
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» HELP BRING BACK THE ACADEMY FROM THE VERGE OF DEATH
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 7:46 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» I just like to say another hi to all user here
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am by shadowdoom

» some fun decks to use in the latest set
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 am by shadowdoom

» Should I Try To Bring Back The Academy?
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm by shadowdoom

» Can't Believe I forgot This
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #7 - Draw Power!!!
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:25 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #7 - Engines Together
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Referring Event
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:07 pm by Kakashi Hatake

Last update for a month
An Academy League I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 pm by James SkullBlood
Not much happened that was planned to do in this update, seeing how the academy been very slow and almost dead, we have decided to take a break for a month and after a month we will try again.

We've tried our best to keep activity up but since Wolf_Shadowrider couldn't get on to recruit due to his internet, we couldn't keep activity up. I couldn't really recruit as I've gotten a lot busy with school work and stuff. I tried my best to keep activity alive with the event "Referring/Inviting" but no one ever tried to recruit.

Thanks for being here while we was active. We will try again in a month time frame.

The forums will still remain up for anyone who wants to try to help out.

Until next month, this has been JamesSkullBlood and Wolf_Shadowrider signing out. See everyone in a month.

Comments: 8

An Academy League

Go down 
+2
Wolf_Shadowrider
Hiko Rukuro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiko Rukuro

Hiko Rukuro

Duelingbook Name : Hiko Rukuro
DP : 30

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 pm

To sum up the suggestion I had in the chat I'll post it here. So the users in the top two dorms would be allowed to enter into try outs to be entered into a league. These users would be given a special role called Elite or something in order to indicate that they're the ones to challenge. Duelists can challenge these duelists in order to earn DP. Keeping up a streak would earn them double DP but if they lose their streak they'll lose half the DP they earned from the previous duel. They can stop the challenge at any point and not continue their streak by sending a message in a thread saying "end of streak." Also any of the duelists in the League they challenged would log the result of the duel to make it more official. The ones who are in the League would have to try out for it in order to ensure that they'll stay. It would be more difficult of course they'd have to face staff. They could also maybe have to face one of the other people who wants to be in the League or something like that? I think it'd be a good way to have participation and keep people engaged.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder
Wolf_Shadowrider

Duelingbook Name : Wolf_Shadowrider
DP : 186

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 pm

I like the idea, but the issue is I don't really think we should call it a league, or anything in that nature because it'll seem like an entirely new thing from the academy. Maybe if we created a new group and color for that group and called it something similar to the dorms and the tester group we have now. Besides that, I like the "end of streak" part and the streak itself. Its a good idea, but it may need a bit of tweaking and revising. I'll hear some other suggestions and need to see what James says before we make any final decisions.
Back to top Go down
RootinestTootenist

RootinestTootenist

Duelingbook Name : PLivingston
DP : 254

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 pm

I feel like we should allow 1 post to be replied to for each set challenge streak or all of them for 1 specific member. I agree with your idea about streaks and the increase and decrease of DP because of them as well as the special roles to show the people to challenge. What if there was a way to lose your spot in the league, like a tournament every month or so to keep it interesting. This will also have people wanting to move up dorms to be able to participate in the tournament because of it only allowing the top 2 dorms.
Back to top Go down
Hiko Rukuro

Hiko Rukuro

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Yeah it's not a finalized idea it's just the thought I had. I feel like I saw similar events to this in other academies and it always seemed like it would be a fun idea. I do like the idea of the tournament as well. I'd also say that those in this group would have to check in every week or so to make sure they haven't left and they need to post somewhere when they have a leave of absence to make sure it doesn't die.
Back to top Go down
shadowdoom

shadowdoom

Duelingbook Name : shadowdoom
DP : 100

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 pm

it would be fun is we had daily tournaments but some of us (myself encluded) would not be able to attend daily
Back to top Go down
Brandyn

Brandyn

Duelingbook Name : Brandyn
DP : 454

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 pm

im all for this this gives people incentive and will help everyone improve
Back to top Go down
Shizuka Junouchi

Shizuka Junouchi

Duelingbook Name : Shizuka Junouchi
DP : 110

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Obviously, if you're part of this group but don't want to be anymore, you can leave it, right? There should be new tests every so often, obviously, to see who can get back in, but if you leave, you'd have a penalty on when you could try to get back in or something? Maybe make it like the Naruto Chuunin Exams, where it's a set time for everyone to try and get into the Elite part, instead of everyone testing when they want to rank up. Which means you could make a tournament to see who gets to be Elite or not. You'd throw in the current Elite into the tournament too; after all, if they're deserving of their rank, they should be able to reclaim it, right? It'd also mean that there's a way to get knocked out of the Elite ranking, too. At least one way.

Just throwing some ideas out there. Not at all refined on this idea, either, but take from it what you want.
Back to top Go down
Hiko Rukuro

Hiko Rukuro

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Yeah I'd say they can leave if they need to/want to but they wouldn't be able to participate in the next tournament. Also no one would be allowed to use meta decks because that would be unfair. x.x
Back to top Go down
Shizuka Junouchi

Shizuka Junouchi

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 1:16 pm

I dunno. I think anyone should be able to use whatever deck they want. Meta or not, people have decks they like, and if they're good enough, you can beat Meta with non-meta.

But again, that's up for debate. You don't have to use the same deck for every challenge, I would assume, too.
Back to top Go down
RootinestTootenist

RootinestTootenist

Duelingbook Name : PLivingston
DP : 254

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Shizuka's most recent post on this page raises the question of "Do the people challenging the league need to state the deck they will be using for the entirety of the challenge(streak) or is deck switching allowed between challenges?"
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder
Wolf_Shadowrider

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Alright so, from what I've gathered thus far, I'm going to try and aim for something that combines all of the ideas on this post, along with a few I've gotten from you all. It'll be lengthy so get ready for a lot of reading. Lol

We would create a group (by what name, who can say?) where it would be OPTIONAL to join, so long as you are in either Obelisk Blue or Holactie White. The purpose of this group would be to have a maximum of 10 people who can be challenged by anyone in order to earn DP. Being able to defeat multiple adversaries in a row would be considered a "Streak" and therefore would win them twice the original value of DP for each win. As soon as they lose though, they will then have HALF of the DP from the previous challenge duel be removed, as a way to remove the double value from that duel. They also would not receive any DP for the duel that broke their streak. If they continued to lose, they would lose the original value of DP that would normally be won for each duel, until their losing streak ends. We would also create a new section in the categories list to support this area, probably in the DP section so the group members have a place to log their duel results. There would also be an allowance of 1 reply to the duel results post (by the player who dueled the group member) in case they have any questions or comments. Any further posts would be deleted for unnecessary clutter. There would be a "Group Tournament" once a month that would be between anyone wanting to claim a spot on the group, and the group members themselves. I have already thought about how that would specifically go down but as of right now that is a completely different topic. Anyone can leave the group if they wish to, but cannot rejoin until the next Group Tournament, in which case they would have to successfully win their way into the group. There would also be a "Weekly Check-in" area. You would basically submit a post saying you are active on the site and have no plans to be gone for more than a week in the near future. This would be only for those in the group, not for everyone in the academy. 

As for the type of decks allowed for the duels between group and non-group members of the academy, there would be a ban list of everything banned/limited/semi-limited, exactly like in tournaments. This list will be very well thought through and extremely well revised. Just so you all know, none of this is happening yet, it is all simply hypothetical and is just purely a suggestion post. However if anyone has anything to say about this specific post on this thread, feel free to post something. I'm sure I missed a few things.
Back to top Go down
Shizuka Junouchi

Shizuka Junouchi

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm still against the idea of banning certain decks from these one-on-one duels. Decks should still fit into Advanced, though. Maybe for the tournament to get into the group, sure, whatever, but you should let those dueling each other feel comfortable in what they're doing. Nobody HAS to challenge them, after all.

Also, if the challenger wins, obviously they get the DP for the duel -- but what if the Challenger loses? The challengers don't have to worry about streaks, obviously, but yeah, some questions to think about.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder
Wolf_Shadowrider

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 pm

I believe I covered what happens if challengers lose, could you elaborate more? Also about the banning decks, we wouldn't be. Only banning/limiting/semi-limiting cards in those decks to bring control into the dueling. We wouldn't disable a deck completely like by say for example, banning Master Peace from True Dracos.
Back to top Go down
Shizuka Junouchi

Shizuka Junouchi

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Oh. I thought the original idea was for the "Elite" to get DP, and they'd get double as their streak went on. They could call off a streak any time before the next duel so they don't lose their DP bonus or whatever when they lose, in addition to losing the normal about of DP.

That's how I understood the first post, but the way you wrote it, never mind my question.

Also, sorry, I thought I read that there'd be certain decks banned, like Tier 1 decks couldn't be used or something. I know people talked about it briefly in the chatroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Academy League Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Academy League   An Academy League I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Academy League
Page 1 of 1