Allied Duel Academy

Here you can exchange knowledge about Yu-Gi-Oh and find dueling partners simultaneously. Any questions are gladly answered.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Calendar  FAQFAQ  DuelingBookDuelingBook  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who are the testers?
James SkullBlood
Wolf_Shadowrider
Alex Thunderspear
RootinestTootenist
Brandyn
Paul17316ccc
Latest topics
» Assignment #7
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:05 am by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #6
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:01 am by Alex Thunderspear

» Request for a test from TheGoodWaffle (2018/4/12)
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 pm by paul17316ccc

» Techno Dragon King
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 pm by shadowdoom

» Last update for a month
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 pm by shadowdoom

» Goat Tournament on MADA (4/17)
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:01 pm by Stardog

» Introduction/Test Request
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:25 pm by paul17316ccc

» I wanna be a tester
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:23 pm by James SkullBlood

» The free DP event
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:56 pm by James SkullBlood

Academy Affiliations

Card of the week

The Card of the Week is:
Guarded Treasure
Card Type: Continuous Spell Card

Effect: Activate this card by discarding 5 cards; draw 2 cards. While this card is on the field, draw 2 cards instead of 1 for your normal draw during your Draw Phase.

Pros:
You draw 2 cards after discarding, and draw 2 cards for each of your draw phases!

Cons:
You have to discard 5 cards and this card can easily be destroyed/negated.

That is all for this Card of the Week.

Added:
April/1/2018

Will Stay Until:
April/7/2018

New Card of the week will be added on:
April/8/2018

Share | 

Dueling Stories?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shizuka Junouchi

Duelingbook Name : Shizuka Junouchi
DP : 110

PostSubject: Dueling Stories?   Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 pm

So, i meant to post this yesterday while at work, but my stupid phone did something to delete it, so I'll post the idea now.

I kind of want to do our own "RP Story," in a sense, where the RP isn't for just one duel or anything, but for an overarcing story. We might need a subboard in order to keep all the threads for character interactions and stuff straight, but I think it might be fun.

Canons and OC's would be allowed both, so people don't get stuck choosing from an OC list of characters they don't know or don't like, but I'd prefer canons to be chosen first. Obviously, since there can only be one canon (we don't have alternate dimensions and stuff so multiples of the same character exist, after all), it's first come first serve. Characters from different seasons will be coinciding together, obviously, so character relations don't have to be the same as they are in the show -- for instance, at the start of our RP, Tea and Yugi don't have to be childhood friends. It's up the players how their pasts are. The only thing I ask you keep similar is majour points, like blood relations or millennium items, things like that. Just so we don't get like, a Serenity running around with the Millennium Eye or something.

That being said, character personalities don't have to be exact to the show, either, if you don't want them to. I do request you keep them similar, just so we don't have something silly like a lecherous perv Yugi in our RP or something. Though... doing that to Joey, because he was a delinquent already, would be okay but pushing it.

Anyway, what do you guys think? We'd use DB, preferably, for the duels in the RP, then RP here for parts in between duels. We could use Nexus, but I'm just a fan of DB / Dueling Network's style. It would allow us to have our own special rules for duels, too, like if we were to follow a more anime approach with not having sacrifices and whatnot, or other things. That stuff's up in the air and debatable. We could even do an 'evolving game' during the RP, working up the game to its current point, starting with how it was at the beginning. Like I said, the duels themselves can be debated how we handle them. I just like the idea of RP'ing in a Yu-Gi-Oh world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootinestTootenist

Duelingbook Name : PLivingston
DP : 254

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 pm

We did a large amount of RP style events at NA and they had an incredible turnout. I like this idea and I am open to joining you for recommendations, settings, and other RP based needs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka Junouchi

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

I'd love that, but first we need people that want to do this.

#RPlivesmatter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder

Duelingbook Name : Wolf_Shadowrider
DP : 186

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 pm

I've read over your post Shizuka, I'm sorry to say I have literally 0 experience or knowledge on the show or movies (if there were any, like I said, 0 knowledge) because I've never watched any of it. However it appears you've put a great deal of thought and time into that post and as such I definitely wont stand in your way, I'll promote this and support this however I can and to the best of my ability, should people respond positively.

Shizuka Junouchi

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 pm

You don't need to have any experience, really. Just RP an OC. xD I don't want to exclude anyone; and since we're making our own stories with only a slight basis on the shows (or at least I intend to), knowledge isn't necessary. And what little that might be necessary can easily be filled in; or you can play easily as someone that comes into the various situations uninitiated as you the player are. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Understood, makes sense. I personally would like to find out more about this, to see how it all goes down exactly, even if it doesn't become apart of the site, which I'm sure it will but who knows. lol

drakodayne1123

Duelingbook Name : drakodayne
DP : 101

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 pm

for some one who wanted there to be a slightly more anime theme to this site, this is way more appealing and i'm all for it but i have a question. How meny OCs can a person have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:12 pm

I have a question too, what's an OC? lol

Shizuka Junouchi

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:26 pm

OC = Original Character. Canons are characters that belong to the show, created by the creators of the anime. OC's are your own characters made to follow that universe.

As for how many OC's a person can have? Let's start with one for now. I don't want the thing overloaded with OC's, and there's plenty of Canons to choose from, and with my allowance of altering history and personality to an extent, you should be able to find a Canon you want.

However, I will allow a player a single Canon and a single OC for the moment. We'll see how much attention this idea gets when the academy grows bigger, if it does. If the involvement doesn't increase in this, I might increase those to two or maybe even three apiece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul17316ccc

Duelingbook Name : paul17316ccc
DP : 225

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:08 pm

can we use made up cards?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RootinestTootenist

Duelingbook Name : PLivingston
DP : 254

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:54 am

paul17316ccc wrote:
can we use made up cards?

I am against this idea only because of the confusion it could cause. Maybe for special events we could allow this but for standard events this should be kept to a minimum. It's a clever idea and I'd love to try it once we get the roleplay section up and running properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka Junouchi

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:00 am

Oh? This isn't meant to be how the normal operation of the site rums, just a little extra side thing for those interested.

I also noticed the question about the custom cards. I'm leaning towards 'no,' just because it'd be hard to keep track of and balance cards with the current cards. We don't need to follow the banlists (since when did they follow those in the show?) necessarily, though. After all, we aren't playing to make broken decks, necessarily, since it's an RP. I'm talking about like, having only one Monster Reborn or Pot of Greed being banned.

Although, the idea of having a different section about dueling with custom cards is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EclipseJacob1212

Duelingbook Name : EclipseJacob1212
DP : 160

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:33 pm

I have a whole Yugioh Story written or at least 15 episodes of it. Would you like some ideas about your own story?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka Junouchi

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Well, the idea is to create story in the rp itself. The only mandatory thing will be the setting, like Duel in kingdom, maximillion's thing, etc. Reasons and even hidden agendas are all up to the rp'ers of the character, more or less.

That's the hope, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul17316ccc

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 pm

so it's improv?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka Junouchi

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Basically, yeah. Wait, am I really the only one that's done free-form RP before?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul17316ccc

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:05 pm

no
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patrick1324

Duelingbook Name : patrick1324
DP : 150

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:37 am

role play event is good, it can make us interact with each other, if you want to start I highly recommend base on story in yu-gi-oh anime or OCG card story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Stories?   

Back to top Go down

Dueling Stories?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Allied Duel Academy :: Duel Room :: RolePlay-
Jump to: