Allied Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied Duel Academy

Here you can exchange knowledge about Yu-Gi-Oh and find dueling partners simultaneously. Any questions are gladly answered.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  DuelingBookDuelingBook  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who are the testers?
James SkullBlood
Wolf_Shadowrider
Alex Thunderspear
RootinestTootenist
Brandyn
Paul17316ccc
Latest topics
» Last update for a month
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» HELP BRING BACK THE ACADEMY FROM THE VERGE OF DEATH
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 7:46 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» I just like to say another hi to all user here
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am by shadowdoom

» some fun decks to use in the latest set
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 am by shadowdoom

» Should I Try To Bring Back The Academy?
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm by shadowdoom

» Can't Believe I forgot This
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #7 - Draw Power!!!
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:25 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #7 - Engines Together
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Referring Event
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:07 pm by Kakashi Hatake

Last update for a month
Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 pm by James SkullBlood
Not much happened that was planned to do in this update, seeing how the academy been very slow and almost dead, we have decided to take a break for a month and after a month we will try again.

We've tried our best to keep activity up but since Wolf_Shadowrider couldn't get on to recruit due to his internet, we couldn't keep activity up. I couldn't really recruit as I've gotten a lot busy with school work and stuff. I tried my best to keep activity alive with the event "Referring/Inviting" but no one ever tried to recruit.

Thanks for being here while we was active. We will try again in a month time frame.

The forums will still remain up for anyone who wants to try to help out.

Until next month, this has been JamesSkullBlood and Wolf_Shadowrider signing out. See everyone in a month.

Comments: 8

Proposing A New Testing Rubric

Go down 
+4
Alice
paul17316ccc
RootinestTootenist
Yoruichi Shihōin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoruichi Shihōin

Yoruichi Shihōin

Duelingbook Name : Yoruichi Shihoin
DP : 0

Proposing A New Testing Rubric Empty
PostSubject: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 12:33 am

First things first, here is a list of pre-made decks that I believe would be better for a mirror match test:
1. https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1664270 - Counter Fairies
2. https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1664229 - Dark Worlds
3. https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1664225 - Fire Fists
4. https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1664310 - Heroes
5. https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1664224 - Madolches
6. https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1664341 - Satellarknights
These decks are specifically geared towards a mirror match and are made so that the duels shouldn't end too quickly.
Test Duel 1 (Pre-made Deck mirror test)
Pre-Made Deck picked by player

Pre-Made Deck:
Which deck did the player choose for this test?

Rematch Needed:
Were any rematches needed to get a more accurate grade? If so, how many? (All rematches must be within the same SINGLE duel, you CANNOT re-host for the same test duel, or host a MATCH duel.)

Tester DuelingBook Name:
Player DuelingBook Name:
Duel Replay Link:

Sportsmanship: 0 to 40
How did the player react when there was a disagreement? Did they get angry or upset easily? Was the player pleasant to play with?

Combo Proficiency: 0 to 20
Was the player able to use the deck's effect combination abilities? Could the player understand why and how the deck does what it does?

Adaptability: 0 to 20
Was the player able to come to an understanding about their deck, despite winning or losing, and was able to fluidly move about each interaction that was set in front of them?

Ability to Overcome Obstacles: 0 to 20
How well did the player react in the duel against counters, defenses, strong monsters, etc.

Pre-Made Deck Test Total: 0 to 100

Test Duel 2 (Personal Deck)

Tester DuelingBook Name:
Tester Deck Name:
What did the tester call this deck? (Inappropriate words will be deleted and replaced)

Player Deck Name:
What did the player call this deck? (Inappropriate words will be deleted and replaced)

Player Deck Link:
The export/import link of the player's deck used in this duel.

Duel Replay Link:

Outcome Of The Duel:
Tester winning 2-0 = 0 points
Tester winning 2-1 = 25 points
Player being tested winning 2-1 = 50 points
Player being tested winning 2-0 = 100 points

Sportsmanship: 0 to 10 points.
How did the player react when there was a disagreement? Did they get angry or upset easily? Was the player pleasant to play with? (This is graded less heavily this time because the tester should already know how sportsmanlike the player is)

General Understanding of Their Deck: 0 to 30 points.
How well did they use their deck? Did they make smart plays despite win or loss?

General Understanding of Their Opponent's Deck: 0 to 20 points
Was the player able to see what the opponent's strategy was and play around it as a result? Did this work?

Awareness: 0 to 10 points.
Was the player conscious to their mistakes, along with those of the tester? Was the player able to turn around a mistake that was made?

Side Decking skills: 0 to 30 points.
Was the player able to properly bring in cards that would be of use and definitively affect the tide of the duel without getting rid of crucial cards to their deck's strategy?

Personal Deck Test Total: 0 to 200 points.

Ruling Test: 0 to 100 points.
https://testmoz.com/1636636 (Any testers who would need the admin login to check test results, please contact me or someone else that you know has the current password)
Any decent dorm placement test should also be able to test a player's knowledge of the game.

Overall Test Results: 0 to 400 points. Welcome to _______!

Holactie White: 381 to 400
Obelisk Blue: 281 to 380
Ra Yellow: 181 to 280
Slifer Red: 0 to 180
Back to top Go down
RootinestTootenist

RootinestTootenist

Duelingbook Name : PLivingston
DP : 254

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 1:26 am

I feel you are splitting the results of sportsmanship too much. 40 to 10 is a huge jump! Furthermore 100 points for a ruling test seems a bit much considering it can jump them into the next dorm for free if they cheat. Last thing I'm against is the personal duel having an outcome score when the mirror duel does not. I understand and agree with it being a match and grading the siding, but that still shouldn't allow the outcome to have such a huge sway on points when the other means nothing. It simply devalues the mirror portion. As stated above I do agree with the personal duel being a match. I also agree with the idea of testing someones personal abilities over their sportsmanship as you did in both portions. In addition to this we should have a general deduction amount for each category so the testers do not do their own and make everything confusing. This way we can avoid certain testers being more desired than others.
Back to top Go down
paul17316ccc

Duelingbook Name : paul17316ccc
DP : 225

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 6:44 am

isn't it like that anyway
Back to top Go down
Alice

Alice

Duelingbook Name : Nevergonnagetit

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 6:58 am

I can't view the decks on mobile right now. But i don't like the idea of pre-made decks. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Shihōin

Yoruichi Shihōin

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am

Alice, no one does, except James and Wolf. That's why it's still included.

As for you, Rootinest, I'm about to address all of your concerns.

1. Different grading for sportsmanship is relevant because the mirror duel is not intended to be competitive, so you grade more on the duelist's personality than anything, thus why sportsmanship is two fifth's of the mirror duel's grade. The match duel, on the other hand, is more of a test of the player's skill and less of their personality. So, sportsmanship has less effect on the outcome of a more competitive match because the competitive/personal deck match is weighed more on the skill-side, and the mirror duel is weighed more on personality. Also, consider the fact that after the pre-made deck duels, the tester should already know how sportsman-like or unsportsman-like the player being tested is, so there's no point in having a grade worth more points in the second portion, after the first duel.

2. Secondly, the match duel's outcome is graded so heavily because of the fact of the matter that the tester should be using a competitive deck along with the player being tested, so weighing whether or not the testee wins the match is a testament to the skill of the player. The outcome matters much less in the mirror duel because the pre-made mirror duel is intended to test the player's concentration, understanding of the game, and sportsmanship. See point one.

3. You cannot cheat on the ruling test. You have every resource available for you, google, bing, yugioh wikia, etc. It tests memory and resourcefulness. If you're worried about people taking it multiple times, if you have the admin password, you can see who takes it and how many times.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Alice

Alice

Duelingbook Name : Nevergonnagetit

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Will there at least be more premade deck choices in the future?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder
Wolf_Shadowrider

Duelingbook Name : Wolf_Shadowrider
DP : 186

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 6:45 pm

I have to say this test looks good, the mirror match can be a single duel and the personal deck can be a match duel, I honestly see little things wrong with this rubric. It may take a bit more time, sure, but to get an accurate grading it's worth it. The decks on the other hand I cannot say for sure, they will need to be play tested quite a bit, each one, in order to ensure that they will be consistent towards the moderate speed we are looking for. If they are too fast or slow after a few tests on each deck, we'll have to come to a conclusion it isn't going to work and move onto the next one. As for the ruling quiz, I think it'd be a good idea to lower the points, mostly because if they do test honestly and get it wrong, it'd be a huge reduction to their grade. Not to mention the more likely case of just looking things up or just already knowing these things. I also think the effects of certain cards should be displayed depending on the question, rather than just letting the person hope they know the effect by heart. I don't know if this is able to be changed in the ruling test, all I know is that it seems like a good idea, but needs to be refined, in my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Shihōin

Yoruichi Shihōin

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 9:51 am

So, Wolf, it is a standard thing to be able to look up rulings for ruling tests. It's not considered cheating, and, in most cases, it's actually pushed for.

Ruling tests quiz you on:
1. Your ability to remember certain mechanics and effects
and
2. Your resourcefulness.

You're SUPPOSED to look effects up, rulings up, game mechanics up on google, on bing, etc. It is NOT considered cheating. This is because on the fly, if something comes up out of nowhere that you don't know, you're supposed to be resourceful enough to find the ruling online, or talk to a judge, or anything of the nature.

The point is being correct on a ruling and using said information to improve your skill at the game.

It is not expected in the least that you need to just retain this information, you're supposed to be able to look it up.
Back to top Go down

Duelingbook Name : 001067149
DP : 150

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 11:51 am

Personally, I only really have a single thing, that has popped out at me anyway, that I am uneasy about.

And that would be the Outcome of The Duel section.
This is a potential problem, as the testers have a certain variety of skill, so in a way, this can be quite unfair.

Just a thought. But other than that. Quite nice indeed. What do you say we experiment with the idea Wolf? oh, and James? O.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposing A New Testing Rubric   Proposing A New Testing Rubric I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposing A New Testing Rubric
Page 1 of 1