Allied Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied Duel Academy

Here you can exchange knowledge about Yu-Gi-Oh and find dueling partners simultaneously. Any questions are gladly answered.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  DuelingBookDuelingBook  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who are the testers?
James SkullBlood
Wolf_Shadowrider
Alex Thunderspear
RootinestTootenist
Brandyn
Paul17316ccc
Latest topics
» Last update for a month
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 10:23 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» HELP BRING BACK THE ACADEMY FROM THE VERGE OF DEATH
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 7:46 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» I just like to say another hi to all user here
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am by shadowdoom

» some fun decks to use in the latest set
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 am by shadowdoom

» Should I Try To Bring Back The Academy?
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm by shadowdoom

» Can't Believe I forgot This
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #7 - Draw Power!!!
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:25 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Assignment #7 - Engines Together
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm by Alex Thunderspear

» Referring Event
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:07 pm by Kakashi Hatake

Last update for a month
New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 pm by James SkullBlood
Not much happened that was planned to do in this update, seeing how the academy been very slow and almost dead, we have decided to take a break for a month and after a month we will try again.

We've tried our best to keep activity up but since Wolf_Shadowrider couldn't get on to recruit due to his internet, we couldn't keep activity up. I couldn't really recruit as I've gotten a lot busy with school work and stuff. I tried my best to keep activity alive with the event "Referring/Inviting" but no one ever tried to recruit.

Thanks for being here while we was active. We will try again in a month time frame.

The forums will still remain up for anyone who wants to try to help out.

Until next month, this has been JamesSkullBlood and Wolf_Shadowrider signing out. See everyone in a month.

Comments: 8

New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates

Go down 
+3
Alex Thunderspear
RootinestTootenist
Wolf_Shadowrider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder
Wolf_Shadowrider

Duelingbook Name : Wolf_Shadowrider
DP : 186

New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates Empty
PostSubject: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm

I've looked over the site for the past few days and seen nothing that requires complete change, but this definitely does. The Pre-made Decks that the academy has right now are played at a slow enough speed for people to make comebacks and have enough ways to make "on purpose" mistakes for testers, but can easily give too good of a hand to one player while the other gets horrible cards. Even though the current Testing Rubric doesn't grade based on win or lose, this still is a problem. I've already had a few new ideas for the updated version of the Rubric, but I would like some ideas and suggestions to be posted here if anyone has anything they think they can contribute to either the Pre-made Deck, or Testing Rubric sections.

Also know I am offering 100 DP for any ideas that are implemented into the site. If you don't know how DP works or what it is, view the Duel Points Section at the bottom of the Home Page. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RootinestTootenist

RootinestTootenist

Duelingbook Name : PLivingston
DP : 254

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 6:47 am

I have some decklists prepared that I would like to test and refine further before a final submission.
Back to top Go down
Alex Thunderspear

Duelingbook Name : The Draconic Warlord
DP : 170

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 9:41 am

Ooh! Deck builds are my specialty! I'll see what I can pull together as I continue to update my current builds.
Back to top Go down
Genryusai Yamamoto

Genryusai Yamamoto

Duelingbook Name : Genryusai Yamamoto
DP : 200

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:38 am

Well, I've been on academies before and I've made rubrics for them, and this is a sample one that's always worked well:

Duel Results:
Tester's name vs. Testee's name
Tester's deck vs. Testee's deck
Outcome Of The Duel: 2-0 (10/10), 2-1 (7/10), 1-2 (4/10), 0-2 (0/10), All disconnections count as a loss. If the testee quits in the middle of a duel it is a an automatic 0.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deck Rating: ?/40
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Deck Build: ?/10
How did the deck look? Can it adapt to difficult situations? Are there any cards that the deck needs? Is there any cards that hinder the deck more then it helps? (Try to base this off common sense about the deck and not personal opinion as best as possible.)

Side Deck: ?/10
Can the cards in this side deck work against many or few decks? Did it have proper cards or does it look like it was made in five minutes with no effort and won't help in a duel at all?

Extra Deck: ?/10
Is the extra deck relevant or does it got level 8 xyzs in a Invoked deck? Can this extra deck help is a tough spot? Will this extra deck help the testee make a comeback or is it nearly impossible?

Decks' Creativity: ?/10
If it's a rogue deck, can it compare or match current meta decks? If it's a meta deck, does it have any use of tech cards that can give you an edge against other meta decks?

Dueling Skills: ?/30

Knowledge of cards: ?/10
Did the testee know his own card effects and know how to use them well? Was your opponent misplaying due to lack of knowledge to his card effects?

Concentration: ?/10
Could the testee concentrate on the duel or was he/she distracted? Was the Testee misplaying frequently?

Control Of The Duels: ?/10
Who was the obvious duelist in control throughout the duels? (If your opponent topdecks something insanely lucky and wins fast afterwards it can affect the score if the tester is winning for the most part.)

duel knowledge: ?/20

Misplays: ?/10
For every misplay -2 (Points cannot go into the negative)

Ruling Quiz: https://testmoz.com/480452 (every point is worth 1 point)
NOTE: you have 15 minutes if you take any longer you will get an automatic 0
for the ruling quiz
Testers final thoughts: try to give as much feedback as possible so the testee can know what they need wrong and learn how they can get better

It's out of 100 points, so however the academy decides to divide how many points get into what dorm is up to them, but this is a pretty generic, but well-working testing rubric that I've used in the past.
Back to top Go down
Brandyn

Brandyn

Duelingbook Name : Brandyn
DP : 454

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 12:59 pm

this is how other academies ran but honestly the rubric they use here is great
Back to top Go down
RootinestTootenist

RootinestTootenist

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 1:43 pm

I don't feel the rubric here needs to be removed just tweeked
Back to top Go down
Drowsiestcoder7

Drowsiestcoder7

Duelingbook Name : Drowsiestcoder77
DP : 201

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 2:25 pm

I've seen that "new" rubric before, and the issues i had the first time i saw it are still there.

"deck creativity" is subjective and in all honesty should never be a testing quality. lets say you are like me (as i play very few "meta" decks) and i beat a tester with a strange and stupid deck that only works because of technicalities. i will get a high score in this category, but a person who uses a very common deck (i.e True Kings, Zoodiac, pend magicians) will not get points here because of how common the deck is, and if the tester is a hardcore casual player who refuses to play against meta decks, they will dock all of the points because the recruit is using a meta deck. "creativity" is subjective, my view on it will probably be different from most peoples, and because it is a very opinionated subject, i dont think it should ever be taken into account with the rubric.

side decks are only ever used in match scenarios, which is fine, but most tests are single games, and that's fine, but if you are gonna have the side deck a important part of the test, than it should be put into matches, which would already make the testing process here longer as 2 games go to 4 or 6, and there is only ever 1 to 2 testers on at a time.

the entire duel knowledge section is completely asinine and here is why. nobody, not even the tester will have the knowledge of every interaction of every card ever made, so expecting a testie to know is just a dick move, concentration is more often than not free points, as anybody who is taking the dorm test will be playing to the best of their ability and probably will be focusing on the duel, and "control of the duel" is pointless, as with how fast the game is now, if one person gets ahead they will always have control, and if the tester is in the lead, than your basically shafting the recruit unless they are playing a high tier deck, which goes back to my issue on "deck creativity".

in short, i think the rubric we have now is fine (with the exception of the purposeful mistake thing but that's a different story) but if the leaders of this academy decide to take inspiration from this rubric, please take this into account, cause the issues with this rubric may lead to someone of high skill being placed into a low dorm or vice versa, and we don't want that
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Shadowrider
Co-Founder
Wolf_Shadowrider

Duelingbook Name : Wolf_Shadowrider
DP : 186

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 3:43 pm

I've read over every single reply to my post on this thread, (or so I think its called) and I am absolutely amazed by all the support and knowledge everyone's putting in. I didn't expect to have more than 2 or 3 replies with a deck link or two but you all really seem to be putting effort in, and that means a lot to me.

For one, thank you Rootinest, Alex, and Brandyn for those decks and the work you guys are still putting into the deck making, we really need it. As for Genry and Drowsy, you both clearly show a lot of dedication in the Rubric and I can't thank you enough for that, the Rubric most of all needs help. I do agree with Rootinest on his post, saying it just needs to be tweaked and not removed, but I definitely agree with Drowsy as well. There are a lot of things in the Rubric that need removing/editing/organizing, for instance how we make the tester list their name and the player's name for both first and second duels. The tester name can be listed twice in case a tester had to leave after the first duel, and another tester was then allowed to take over for the second duel, the first tester fills out the first duel results and the second tester fills out the second. We don't really need to fill out the player's name twice though, this is one of my personal complaints I've had since I started using that Rubric. I wanted to see all of your complaints alongside mine and it really does help.

Between Drowsy and Genry's Rubric contributions and between Alex, Brandyn and Rootinest's Pre-made Deck contributions, I believe we'll have our site updated on Sunday with no problems. Seriously, thank you guys, I truly believe this is the start of something real on this academy.
Back to top Go down
Brandyn

Brandyn

Duelingbook Name : Brandyn
DP : 454

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down
RootinestTootenist

RootinestTootenist

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Back to top Go down
James SkullBlood
Founder
James SkullBlood

Duelingbook Name : James SkullBlood
DP : 117

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Brandyn and RootinestTootenist you both received 200 DP since you gave 2 decks each.

Drowsiestcoder7 and Genryusai Yamamoto you both received 100 DP since you gave some good feedback on the test rubric
Back to top Go down
https://alliedduelacademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates   New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pre-made Deck and Rubric Updates
Page 1 of 1